My research focuses on applied microeconomic theory, in particular the questions related to competition policy, economics of innovation and contest design.
I maintain a list of conferences (with a focus on IO and theory), including submission deadlines and links.
Startup Acquisitions: Acquihires and Talent Hoarding
- with Jean-Michel Benkert and Shuo Liu (revised October 2023)
Research Joint Ventures: The Role of Financial Constraints
- with Philipp Brunner and Armin Schmutzler (revised July 2023)
- R&R, European Economic Review
Killer Acquisitions and Beyond: Policy Effects on Innovation Strategies
- with Armin Schmutzler and Regina Seibel (revised July 2023)
- Accepted for publication, International Economic Review
Optimal Contest Design: Tuning the Heat
- with Shuo Liu and Nick Netzer
- Journal of Economic Theory, 2023, Vol. 213, 105616.
- Best paper award, 2021 Conference of the China Information Economics Society
- Working Paper, Slides
Optimal Search from Multiple Distributions with Infinite Horizon
- with Jean-Michel Benkert and Georg Nöldeke
- Economics Letters, 2018, Vol. 164, pp. 15-18
- Working Paper
The Road not Taken: Competition and the R&D Portfolio
- RAND Journal of Economics, 2016, Vol. 47(2), pp. 433–460
- Online Appendix, Working Paper